Bike parking for more than 40 bicycles at the 57th Street entrance to the 55th-56th-57th Street Metra station.
CDOT installed in March and April a combination of regular u-racks and double deck bike racks at six CTA and Metra stations around the city and will hold a press conference at the 95th Red Line station today at noon. The coolest part of the project, in my humble opinion, is that I got to analyze and recommend the stations that would receive new bike parking. The bike racks are installed at the following stations, all sheltered, from north to south:
- Howard Red Line – Rogers Park – Double deck
- Loyola Red Line – Rogers Park – Double deck
- Clybourn Metra – Bucktown – U-racks
- Western Orange Line – Brighton Park – Double deck
- 55th-56th-57th Street Metra – Hyde Park – U-racks
- 95th Red Line – Roseland/Longwood Manor – Double deck