The following text is from a handout delivered to attendees at the June 2012 MBAC meeting.
The Mayor’s Bicycle Advisory Council shall assist the city in all maters related to bicyclists. Objectives of the Council include but are not limited to:
- Promoting policies and practices that will advance bicycling as a desirable and viable form of transortation and recreation.
- Working for improved bicycling safety and access to public transit, schools, workplaces, shops, libraries, parks, including roads, and other public spaces.
- Providing guidance in the formulations of Chicago’s Bike 2015 Plan and asisting the city departments in implementation.
- Ensuring that a review process is in place so that bicycling accommodation is inlucided in all projects and at all stages of design. Providing comments and recommendations on major city-side projects or projects with policy significance.
- Providing a forum for input and participation on bicycling issues in Chicago.
- Promoting safe and responsible practices to bicyclists and other road users.
- Serving as an advisory, resource, and information support body on all bicycling-related matters.
The Technical Committee shall consist of representatives of each of the following agencies, responsible for implementing goals of the Bike 2015 Plan:
- Department of Streets & Sanitation, Michael Bartello, email@example.com
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Anne Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health, Erica Salem, email@example.com
- Transportation, Ben Gomberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee on Pedestrian and Traffic Safety, Elizabeth Granato, email@example.com
- Committee on Pedestrian and Traffic Safety, Danielle Hagen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP), John O’Neal, email@example.com
- Chicago Park District, Gia Biagi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) – Illinois Division, Greg Piland, email@example.com
- Department of Finance – Revenue, Amer Ahmad, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cook County Forest Preserve, David Kircher, email@example.com
- Cook County Forest Preserve, Pam Sielski, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illinois Department of Transportation, Jason Salley, email@example.com
- Illinois Department of Transportation, Dennis Embree, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illinois Department of Transportation, James Boratyn, email@example.com
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), Robert Vance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicago Police Department (CPD), TBD
- Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP), TBD
- Chicago Public Schools, TBD
The Stakeholders Committee shall consist of citizens appointed by the Mayor and seeks to represent the diverse communes and interest of bicyclists citywide. Nominees are expected to have a citywide focus on bicycling-related issues. It is desirable that council members be people who regularly walk, bike and/or use public transit. Members of the Stakeholders Committee may not be city employees.
- Active Transportation Alliance, Ron Burke, email@example.com
- West Town Bikes, Alex Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Citizens, north, Michelle Stenzel, Michelle@KairiesStenzel.com
- Citizens, south, Demond Drummer, @citizendrummer, email@example.com
- Citizens, west, Mike Tomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT), Yonina Gray, email@example.com
- Metropolitan Planning Council (MPC), Peter Skosey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC), Miguel Morales, email@example.com
- Complete Streets Coalition (CSC), Randy Neufeld, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council shall meet quarterly or as required. Both the Technical and Stakeholders Committees shall meet together.
Meetings shall be open to the public.
The Council may invite any individual, interest group, agency, or consultant to submit or present information which will assist the Council in carrying out its mandate.
One thought on “MBAC terms of reference and list of official council members”