The Chicago Transit Authority tweeted for the first time yesterday morning at 10:59 AM. They said, “This is an official announcement from CTA: Hello”. They had 1 follower at the time of the tweet (it was me). 25 minutes later they had 49 new followers.
7 hours and 31 minutes later (I checked at random times), they had 1,338 followers. That’s fast.
36 hours later, they have 1,928 followers.
They also launched a page on Facebook and an updates service delivered via email or SMS (text messaging). We’re glad CTA is now on social media (it took awhile). But these are just a few tools out of many that the CTA has for its customers to get information. Let me list them all for you:
- Bus Tracker (mobile, desktop, SMS, email)
- Train Tracker (mobile, desktop, SMS)
- YouTube – Watch the CTA Connections show
- DIY Bus Tracker Display
- Bus Tracker API (for developers)
- Train Tracker API (for developers)
- Customer Alerts API (for developers)
- More developer tools
- Third-party apps
- CTA Budget Feedback & Ideas