Once again Grid Chicago will be producing the Cargo Bike Roll Call, a social event about what’s possible with bicycling, and how people in Chicago use their bicycles to carry children, dirt for community gardens, or deliver goods.
Saturday, June 9, 2012, from 6 PM to 10 PM
West Town Bikes
2459 W Division Street (same as 1147 N Campbell)
By doing this in June we’ll have more hours of daylight than we did last September!
If you’ve got a cargo bike, great. If you don’t, great – we’ll get you on one later!
I’ve lined up a great group of sponsors to provide free beer, food, and giveaways:
- ABUS – Germany-based bicycle lock manufacturer
- Chicago Cargo – bicycle cargo delivery
- Copenhagen Cyclery – local bike shop
- J.C. Lind Bike Co. – local bike shop
- Kidical Mass – monthly family bike ride
- Law office of Jim Freeman
- New Belgium Brewing – beer
- Planet Bike – Madison, WI-based bike accessories manufacturer
- SRAM – Chicago-based bike components manufacturer
- Sweet Cakes Bakery – local bakery providing pizza and treats
- Whole Foods Market – snacks
And thank you to Richard Goodrow, Lawyer Jim Freeman, and Samantha Arnold for your donations. Also thank you to Kidical Mass and Chicargo Bike for bringing kid-friendly activities and snacks.