A view down the North Side Main Line ‘L’ tracks by Drew Baker.
This is a recap of the 12 articles posted in the last 5 days, as well as a look at the calendar ahead.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
- MBAC updates: New pedestrian and bicycle projects discussed at March MBAC meeting
- New bike lanes: CDOT continues roll out of new bike lanes: Division Street today, your neighborhood tomorrow?
Thursday, May 10
Friday, May 11
- Station access: How LaSalle Street Metra station maintains hard-to-find reputation
- Action Agenda: Chicago transportation to move very far forward with two-year plan
- New bike lanes: Jose Lopez offers the PRCC’s perspective on the Paseo bike lanes
Saturday, May 12
- Road repair: CDOT’s Gabe Klein announces viaduct repaving project
- New links added: The Grid Network is deprecated, but the links page lives on
Sunday, May 13
- NATO: Summary of transportation and transit changes because of NATO summit
- Photos: Grid Shots: Commercial statements
Monday, May 14
- Bike TV show: Ira David Levy’s “Pedal America” show pushes pedaling to a broader audience
- New bike lanes: Elston Avenue bike lane returns in upgraded form
Tonight is a meeting about Bloomingdale Trail access parks and is the first meeting following yesterday’s release of the Framework Plan. “We are particularly interested in your feedback about access parks. After a short presentation, we’ll break into small groups to discuss the following access parks, and how ramps and other amenities will be designed.”
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
6 to 8 PM
Humboldt Park Fieldhouse, 1440 N Humboldt Drive, Chicago, IL
Wednesday night is the Ride of Silence to “honor fallen cyclists and raise awareness in this annual procession past Chicago Ghost Bikes”.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
6 to 8 PM
Gather at 6 PM, Depart at 7 PM
Eternal Flame in Daley Plaza
Next Tuesday is the public revealing of the draft network of the Streets for Cycling Plan 2020. There are three more meetings and two webinars.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
4 to PM
Copernicus Center, 5216 W. Lawrence Ave, Chicago, IL
Presentation with Q&A at 1630 and 1830.